A global equity fund selecting mispriced companies within environmental markets.
Environmental protection is no longer just a priority. It is an imperative – as world population growth, rising living standards, climate change and pollution are hastening environmental degradation and placing a strain on finite resources.
As the world transitions towards a more sustainable global economy, the search for cleaner sources of energy and the development of more environmentally-efficient technologies are requirements in many areas, from transport, real estate, electronics, packaging, farming to water.
With support from consumer interest and government policies, environmental markets can thrive and have the potential to benefit from high growth over the long term due to the massive investment needed to meet these challenges.
- BNP Paribas Global Environment: An international equity fund, investing in companies that are active in the environment sector and aligned with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Employs a flexible investment approach with exposure to thematic opportunities, capturing broadly diversified opportunities without sector or strategy bias.
- Awarded labels: SRI* and Febelfin**
- Managed by Impax Asset Management: an award-winning global leader with more than 20 years’ experience in environmental markets investing and a partner of BNP Paribas Asset Management.***
* Source: Label SRI, June 2021. The “Sustainable and Responsible Investment” (SRI) label is a tool for selecting responsible and sustainable investments, created and supported by the French Ministry of Finance. It also aims to ensure that the management of the fund is based on a solid methodology, with a high degree of transparency and quality information. To obtain the SRI label, a fund must meet a set of criteria, divided into six themes. More information is available on www.lelabelisr.fr/
** Source: Febelfin, June 2021. Created by the Belgian federation of the financial sector in 2019, the Febelfin label was designed as a standard or quality standard that all funds claiming to be sustainable, socially responsible, or ethical must respect. It aims to become a market standard, at least for Belgium. More information is available on the www.towardssustainability.be/
***Source: Impax Asset Management, as of end June 2021.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. It is issued and has been prepared by BNP PARIBAS ASSET MANAGEMENT Singapore Limited [BNPP AMS]. It is produced for information purposes only and does not constitute: 1. an offer to buy nor a solicitation to sell, nor shall it form the basis of or be relied upon in connection with any contract or commitment whatsoever or 2. investment advice. It does not have any regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any person. Investors should consult their own professional advisors in respect of legal, accounting, domicile and tax advice prior to investing in the fund(s), and in the event that he chooses not to seek advice from professional advisors, he should make an independent determination of the suitability and consequences of an investment. Investors considering subscribing to the fund(s) should read carefully the most recent prospectus, offering document including the risk factors and consult the fund(s’) most recent financial reports before investing, as available from BNPP AMS or its authorised distributors. Investments involve risks. Investments in emerging markets involve above-average risk. Given the economic and market risks, there can be no assurance that the fund(s) will achieve its/their investment objectives. Investments in the fund are not deposits or other obligations of, or guaranteed, or insured by BNPP AMS or its authorised distributors or its affiliates and are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of principal amount invested. Returns may be affected by investment strategies or objectives, markets and economic conditions. Past performance of the fund(s) or the managers, and any economic and market trends or forecast, are not necessarily indicative of the future or likely performance of the fund(s) or the manager and the value of the investments in fund(s) may go down as well as up. Investors may not get back the amount they originally invested. Funds which are invested in emerging markets, smaller companies and derivative instruments may also involve a higher degree of risk and are usually more sensitive to price movements. Views and opinions included herein constitute the judgment of BNPP AMS and its affiliates at the time specified and may be subject to change without notice. BNP PARIBAS ASSET MANAGEMENT Singapore Limited – registered office at 20 Collyer Quay, #01-01, 20 Collyer Quay, Singapore 049319. Company Registration No. 199308471D.