A global equity fund selecting mispriced companies within environmental markets.
Environmental protection is no longer just a priority: it has become imperative.
Environmental protection covers several areas. For example:
- mitigating climate change
- optimising energy resources
- waste management and recycling
- pollution control
- water treatment
- sustainable agriculture
World population growth and the overall increase in living standards make this challenge even more pressing and suggest that industries in the environment sector will enjoy exceptional growth over the long term. The search for cleaner sources of energy and the development of more environmentally efficient technologies are requirements in many areas of industry, such as transport, real estate, electronics, packaging, farming and water.In our view, the companies involved in designing new technologies that boost environmental protection should benefit from significant investment over the next twenty years.
- BNP Paribas Global Environment: An international equity fund, investing in companies that are active in the environment sector. These companies also have to comply with the United Nations’ recommendations on social responsibility, environmental responsibility and corporate governance.
- Employs a flexible investment approach with exposure to thematic opportunities, capturing broadly diversified opportunities without sector or strategy bias.
- Awarded labels: SRI* and Febelfin**
- Managed by Impax Asset Management: an award-winning global leader with more than 20 years’ experience in environmental markets investing and a partner of BNP Paribas Asset Management.***
* Source: Label SRI, June 2020. The “Sustainable and Responsible Investment” (SRI) label is a tool for selecting responsible and sustainable investments, created and supported by the French Ministry of Finance. It also aims to ensure that the management of the fund is based on a solid methodology, with a high degree of transparency and quality information. To obtain the SRI label, a fund must meet a set of criteria, divided into six themes. More information is available on www.lelabelisr.fr/ ** Source: Febelfin, June 2020. Created by the Belgian federation of the financial sector in 2019, the Febelfin label was designed as a standard or quality standard that all funds claiming to be sustainable, socially responsible, or ethical must respect. It aims to become a market standard, at least for Belgium. More information is available on the www.towardssustainability.be/ ***Source: Impax Asset Management, as of end June 2020. This material is issued and has been prepared by BNP PARIBAS ASSET MANAGEMENT Singapore Limited and has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. It is produced for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to buy nor a solicitation to sell, nor shall it form the basis of or be relied upon in connection with any contract or commitment whatsoever or investment advice. Investors should consult their own legal and tax advisors in respect of legal, accounting, domicile and tax advice prior to investing in the fund in order to make an independent determination of the suitability and consequences of an investment therein, if permitted. Investment involves risks. Given the economic and market risks, there can be no assurance that the fund will achieve its investment objectives. The value of units in the fund and any accruing income from the units may fall or rise and investors may not get back the amount they originally invested. Please refer to the Singapore Offering Documents for further information (including the risk factors) about the fund. Parvest Global Environment becomes BNP Paribas Global Environment from 30/08/2019