At BNP Paribas Asset Management, our full range of investment strategies adopt a sustainable investment approach. Environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria are central to the way we come up with investment ideas, create portfolios, control risk and use our influence with companies and markets to improve sustainability.
Why sustainable investing
Quite simply, it’s worth it. Investing sustainably can be financially rewarding by, for example, steering clear of companies that are exposed to pollution lawsuits, labour unrest, shareholder disputes or other events that can damage their reputation and business performance.
Also, quite simply, it makes sense. In the long run, the global economy is better served by low-carbon energy, healthy natural ecosystems, and opportunities for all. As an investor, you can help shape a better world by investing sustainably.
Sustainability is at the heart of our business and our investment decisions. We are squarely focused on achieving long-term sustainable returns for our clients.
- Long-term commitment to sustainability: a 15-year plus history in sustainable investment, including ESG research and integration, stewardship and issuer engagement, and now a range of thematic and impact funds
- Recognised ESG performance: we are recognised in assessments and rankings by the likes of PRI, ShareAction, Broadridge, World Wildlife Fund (WWF), Majority Action and Influence Map
- Thought leader and advocate: we are active in 40+ industry and engagement initiatives including the PRI1, IIGCC2 and TCFD3
- Dedicated Sustainability Centre: a team of around 30 ESG professionals with financial, economic and legal expertise supports our global investment teams
- Global scope: we integrate ESG research and analysis across all strategies, asset classes and geographies
Our strategies across all asset classes and geographies reflect a sustainable investment approach. This means they integrate ESG factors; investor stewardship; responsible business conduct and product-based exclusions; and focus on three thematic areas to promote a sustainable future: energy transition, environmental sustainability, equality and inclusive growth.
For investors that wish to invest with an even more explicit ESG angle, we also offer enhanced ESG and thematic and impact strategies as part of our Sustainable Plus suite.
Our enhanced ESG strategies invest in the most sustainable companies, leading to results that reflect even more stringent ESG selection criteria and/or carbon footprint targets.
Thematic and impact
Our thematic strategies invest in companies providing solutions to specific environmental and/or social challenges, while our impact strategies invest with the goal of having a measurable positive social and/or environmental impact.
Our insights and research
While BNPP AM has engaged in sustainable investing for almost two decades, research into this area is fairly new. We are committed to expanding the body of academic research that supports the case for sustainable investing.
Discover and learn how we have been committed to sustainable investment and what significant progress has been made in recent years.
1 PRI: Principles for Responsible Investment;
2 IIGCC: Institutional Investor Group on Climate Change;
3 TCFD: Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures. Trademark, copyright, & other intellectual property rights are & remain the property of their respective owners.